This dish is very easy and even without any seasoning it has a great taste, and it is used as a main dish as well as a side dish
Prep time 15 cook time about one hour Level easy
- 1 cup lentil
- 1 cup rice (I prefer basmati but short grain rice is the original)
- 2 onions sliced
- 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
- about 3 cups of watersalt as desire
- Rinse the lentil then place in a pot with the three cups of water and cook on medium high until the lentil are semi soft.
- Add rice and salt to the water and lentil and cook on low until the rice absorbed all the water, meanwhile start frying the onion until it is medium brown.
- In a serving plate place the lentil rice and add the fried onion on top of it with the oil too, serve with plain yogurt on the side and or Fatoush salad and it is used as a side dish with Shish barak dish.
Yield 4 serving